Dr Metastasio trained in Psychiatry in Cambridge and he completed a Master degree in Neuroscience at the Institute of Psychiatry, King’s College London. He is currently completing further studies, a Master degree in Genomic Medicine at the University of Cambridge.
Dr Metastasio is a specialist in General Adult Psychiatry and in Addiction Psychiatry. He has an expertise in the main areas of adult psychiatry and in addictions including alcohol and substance disorders and behavioural addictions,
Dr Metastasio works as Consultant Psychiatrist in London at the Camden and Islington NHS Foundation Trust. He has been a senior clinical Tutor of the University of Cambridge and he is currently teaching medical students of the University College London.
Dr Metastasio has extensively published in the field of depression, psychosis, alcohol and substance misuse and genomic medicine.
Dr Metastasio works in Harley Street, where he is an associate at the Cognacity team; and in Cambridge.
Dr Metastasio is fluent in English and in Italian and consults in both languages.
- Residential/home medically assisted alcohol/drug withdrawal
- Bipolar affective disorders
- Psychosis (including schizophrenia)
- Stress-related disorders
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Adjustment disorders
- Obsessive compulsive disorders
- Personality disorders
- Adult ADHD
- Addictions: alcohol, substances, behavioural addictions (gambling, internet) and impulse control disorders (sex, eating etc.).
- Binge drinking
- Personalised medicine
- Genomic Medicine applied to Psychiatry and Addictions
- MD Universita’ degli Studi di Perugia, Italy 2000
- CCT in Geriatric Medicine, Univerista’ degli Studi DI Perugi, Italy 2004
- Member of The Royal College of Psychiatrists 2009
- MSc in Neuroscience in Addiction Biology, Institute of Psychiatry, King’s College London 2012
- CCT in General Adult Psychiatry and in Addiction Psychiatry August 2012
- MSt in Genomic Medicine, University of Cambridge 2015 – present day